Friday, March 5, 2010

The Nice Guys



The phrase, "nice guys finish last", is really starting to ring a bell after the last few dates I have been on. I met multiple guy online and even off that are just great, nice, and genuine guys; but in the end there is no chemistry. No matter how much I wish I could make myself like them, well I simply can't. I like a guy with a little bit of edge, maybe some tattoos, sings or writes or is a daredevil. Someone who has a story behind who they are. Not that these nice guys don't but a lot of them play it safe, and well I don't really classify myself as a play it safe type of girl. Of course I have priorities and I'm not going to do anything that would damage my life or my sons in a negative way, but I need someone who will push me to do things and will be able to live life along with me.

I feel bad too because every one of these guys deserve an amazingly "nice woman", but sometimes I think they are just too good for me. I don't me good like I am not good enough, but good in the fact that they a very goal driven and don't drink much, don't go out much, don't stay up too late, don't want to venture in "dangerous" activities (such as skydiving, hiking, running, biking, cliff diving, ect), have a routine schedule they don't stray from, plan things WAY in advance, and basically play it safe, afraid to step out of their box. Now not all of these description fit just one guy I have dated, each thing I described seems to be sprinkled upon each guy I have dated recently.

I like these guys though, and some of them I have dated are VERY attractive in many ways, but I feel like I am on totally different planets than they are on. Sometimes they seem surprised by how I am, which makes sense. I am a 5'4", average build, no tattoos, dress pretty normal, with friends that are all pretty much like me; basically I look like the girl next door. So when I show my friends pictures of guy like Russel Brand or Luke Pickett they seemed surprised to see those as the type of guy I would want to date. Hey, maybe its a phase....

No comments:

Post a Comment